Chicano Poet

Monday, January 17, 2011

Yo Tambien Conocí Al Louie

yo tambien conocí al louie
but he was not a friend of mine

he hung out
with a bad crowd

he was a hero
to them

I stayed out of their way
stuck to my books

papi, back from korea
insisted on it

I hung out
con mis primos

when they weren’t
hanging out con el louie

and the rest
of his palomilla

whenever our eyes met
I could see

they hated me
maybe the cabrones admired me

the eyes
never lie said mama

on the night
que se chingaron al louie

I was
graduating from high school

still I felt
sorry for him and his vatos locos

2 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Gordon Mason said...

I really enjoyed this poem with its mix of language. And there is so much to the story that the reader has to ponder.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger RC said...

Thanks, Gordon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home