Chicano Poet

Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Wild Man

There are desires
against the moon

which afflict me
when I touch you

they call me by my name
confuse dagger with sword

demand waterfall from my agony
street can not ache at my wrist

trees can not love
my coarse shadow

losing you each night
I must dig you out of the stars

stand you straight up still wet
kiss you like a wild man

my hair and your hair singing
the same sweet song

by RC


......................................

The Wild Man with Gentle Eyes


I looked backward in time
When I saw your eyes,

I knew I’d lost those obsidian stones.
Their gentle glow was my own,

Either that or I had been your mother,
Your lover, your own reflection.

I know I was lost myself.
Was I an empty gourd, a rattler,

A tumbleweed, a girl without a father?
I stood still, tilting my head,

A blind woman deciphering
The silence of your wild thoughts.

For years I wrung you out of the dark
To embrace your coarse shadow.

A Poem By Rebecca Gonzales

2 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Muy bien respuestas entre tu y la Gonzales.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger RC said...

Gracias,Anon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home