Chicano Poet

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Wasp

I am a wasp
against your savory flesh

my antennae
dig in

my wings flutter
in place

the hair on my legs
becomes a riot

the blood rushes
along words

hell-bent
the passion of your eyes

boiling from its cup
onto your thighs

I curl violently into you
and just as suddenly fly off

by RC

.......................................

You Tell Me You’re a Wasp

Before I knew it, you were gone
Before that, I was caught up
In the single-mindedness of an insect,

Survival, survival pulsating
In a simple world stripped of all hypocrisy.
Only after you were gone,

Did I stumble wisely on my way.
Only after you were gone,
Did I feel the sting of your venom.

Today my tears are cold, they catch the light
Like prisms and flick it right back.

A Response by Rebecca Gonzales

4 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Eeleen Lee said...

great imagery and rythm!

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger RC said...

Thanks,Lee.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Poet Hound said...

I love the poems, and for some reason every poem I've read today (in books or on-line) have had to do with bees or wasps, isn't that strange coincidence?

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger RC said...

Like George Noory says "there are no coincidences".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home