Chicano Poet

Friday, September 04, 2009

Witches’ Brew

Having coffee this morning with Zal ( that‘s what friends call
Quetzalcoatl Sandoval), we started off the conversation with
Zal’s favorite topic, the enigma of 2012. I swear he probably
works on this Mayan mystery every waking hour of his life.
Recently, he’s had a breakthrough which I hasten to discuss
with you all (if you promise not to spill the beans, in other words,
I am swearing each and every one of you to secrecy). Zal’s
latest theory is that the Mayans foresaw the rise of the Ugly
American and thus foretold the end of civilization as we know
it. Therefore, Zal has formulated his theory that Sarah Palin
is the enigma, the end all, the kaput, the new chingada.
Zal’s epiphany: Palin 2012. Need I say more? Those damn
Mayans were clairvoyant as hell!

2 Comments:

At 4:36 AM, Blogger Poetry From The Creek said...

Reyes, I'll admit I looked up 'chingada' but I think I knew what it referred to. But 2012? It has been going on for nearly two centuries! I think what has happened is the ants are nolonger sustained by food scraps and want a victim. Cheers from Aus...

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger RC said...

Ivan,if 2012 does come with any dire effects I doubt it will touch Australia.And,well,you've heard of the great bee die-off, maybe(no pun intended)just maybe they're taking the easy way out.Cheers from doomed America.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home