Chicano Poet

Monday, July 27, 2009

I Used To Be Marvin’s Brother-In-Law

Why did you find it so appealing spending twelve hours
a day in that bra, and in those matching panties hiding
that treasure? I loved you madly, I paid all the bills, that
time we almost got mugged in Brackenridge Park, didn’t
I kick those punks’ asses? I never forgot your birthdays
(granted, you were born on Christmas day), I never forgot
our wedding anniversary. Always got you flowers and
candy on Valentine’s Day, always gave the kids money
on Mother’s Day so they could get you something nice.
What happened? How did I lose you? My relatives
warned me not to marry outside of my race. Everyone
said, “ nothing good can come out of you marrying
that Martian girl!”

2 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

VERY NICE I ENJOY THE DEEP UNDERLINING BLUNT IDEAS AND THE COLORFUL MIX AT THE END. THIS IS REALLY A GREAT SOCIAL POEM THAT MEANS SOMETHING.

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger RC said...

Thanks,Purple.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home