Chicano Poet

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wherein I Describe The Walls Of
An Abandoned Warehouse


(a love poem)


Gray on blue, rusty,
the slight angle already creeping in,

rain on the tin
different from the rain

on the deteriorating asphalt,
dented, each dent

having its own history
which we can not know,

each dent figuring in the destruction
of energy, which even now

still flows through the building
no matter how minute,

yet it affects this poem,
it becomes part of it,

I am unable to stop it
from making the jump

from the warehouse to my mind
and now it has made

its way to your mind,
to your thighs.

6 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"having its own history
which we can not know"
I love this
and especially how you connect the energy of the abandoned warehouse to the poem.

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this poem. You are painting a portrait with words.

Esmeralda Bernal

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger RC said...

Thanks,anisa.

And,thank you,esmeralda.

 
At 3:45 AM, Blogger Poetry From The Creek said...

Reyes, if I had tequila I'd pour a drop to celebrate - instead I'll use vodka which is closer to hand. you make a small verse significant in the humble way you use imagery, and I am vastly impressed... Ivan

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger RC said...

Hello,Ivan,and thanks.Hope those wild fires were well south of you.

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a winner!
Becky

 

Post a Comment

<< Home