Chicano Poet

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Alexander Graham Belle

I’m getting sick and tired
of answering the lobster phone,

and having the damn crustacean
pinch the hell out of my ear,

said Mrs. Dali in such
an unlady like language to her husband

whose obsession with surrealism
had begun to take its toll---

and to think this was before the cell phone
became so common an appliance.

2.

[Sorry, but the actual metallic parts
for this poem did not arrive on time.]

3.

One of the benefits of turning sixty-one:
My eighteen-year-old girlfriend and I were at
the Starbucks inside of Barnes & Nobles.
When Ruby went off to the poetry section,
the soda jerk came up to me and said,
“Wow, you have a beautiful granddaughter!”
I did not gross him out with the truth.

4.

The fire engine shrieked down Mainstreet.
It was on fire. Is this where I’m supposed
to use the word bucolic?

5.

The Lone Ranger.

6.

plain

7.

Wherein I first made use
of a hyperlink as an integral
part of a poem.

8.

Gotcha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home