Chicano Poet

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Partying With Los Carnales

Did grandfather ever cheat on grandmother,
we being men now

must assume he did?
All those loose women available

every Friday and Saturday night
at Las Mariana’s, La Gloria,

El Brodita’s, and La Perla Lounge---
the latter just a block from our house on Fourth.

My brothers and I joke,
if he didn’t, he was a fool, we laugh,

after how many beers? we've lost count,
the polkas blaring from my truck radio,

the wives come outside
to scold and turn down the music.

The glaring look from my vieja
makes me think twice about turning it up again.

2 Comments:

At 5:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been enjoying these poems about your father, your grandfather, and their relationships with women

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger RC said...

Thanks,anisa.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home