Chicano Poet

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Here's a poem about how alcoholism
affects the family,the children...
this poem is written by my nephew Jake.


Am I strong enough to be your SON

If its time to go then take your hand and fly
I doubt he meant it when he made me cry

Pack your shit and crawl away with no fear
I know you loved me under all that beer

I crumble all the walls that have held me back
Strong enough I have been, to go down another track

Once, you shared a game with me when you got home
But as you slurd at me I knew I was playing alone

Once, you came to my game and could barley walk
But as I glanced over from the field I couldn't even talk

Some know who I am and share my life
But its you who I wanted that from, instead I got your heart.....the knife

2 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good poem, great title. poetry runs in the family.

favorite lines:
Pack your shit and crawl away with no fear
I know you loved me under all that beer

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger RC said...

Thanks,anisa.My nephew is thirty,he's working on his Phd.He coaches now.In school, he played football and basketball.I'm very proud of him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home