Chicano Poet

Friday, July 18, 2008

Reyes Bueller’s Day Off

I was supposed to work on my paper
about preindustrial cities,

instead I meet you for lunch,
a subway and a taxi ride away,

the heretics in business suits,
the incandescent office girls

contrast with nondescript human beings
who tallow and twist about,

a holocaust of hot asphalt in their teeth.
I breathe the space between them,

and then I realize I’ve been looking
directly at the boxing glove of your smile

in the delicatessen window, you wave,
I wave back, it’s a great day off.


Please visit Playcrayon.

1 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Favorite lines:
-a holocaust of hot asphalt in their teeth
-boxing glove of your smile

You do have a way with words, wow. If you want to read something equally interesting/poetic (albeit in a COMPLETELY different way) you should check out the blog I've put down as my URL. It may change your life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home