Chicano Poet

Monday, February 18, 2008

Frost In Texas

Frost and his little horse
stopped on a hill overlooking a farmhouse
when suddenly a shot rang out.

Texas farmers don’t take kindly
to Yankee poets trespassing
on the land they stole from Indians.

So Frost just ducked his head.
“Good fences don’t make good neighbors round here.”
he told his horse’s rear.



Recently there's been a lot of buzz
about HD-DVD losing out to Blu-Ray.
So since I'm so far behind the times,
I finally decided to get rid of my
Beta Max machine and splurge on a
VHS puppy which cost me about ten
dollars at the local Goodwill Store.
Guess I've got to buy VHS tapes now.
Lucky for me,money does grow on trees.
I've invested in an American company
that's chopping down all the trees in
the Amazon.

1 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, Blogger Cuitlamiztli Carter said...

A friend of mine works in a video store (I guess that term is outdated since they no longer rent "videos" proper) and he commented that many of his customers are ranting that they wasted money on a HD-DVD player only to discover months later that this consumer battle favors Blu-Ray. Well, that to me is a reason it's wise to stay a step or two behind new entertainment technology. Who cares if the picture is that much crisper if it's going to cost me an arm and a leg? A crisp image doesn't make for a better story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home