Chicano Poet

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Da Henry Without A Country


Deprived of his country, homeless Henry
fretted no more over war,
laughed at the casualties,

poked fun at the grieving relatives.
His fans fumed, and the retarded President
kept governing his retarded country.

Homeless Henry threw himself a party.
Defrauded of stars and strips,
he wiped his arse with the pledge of allegiance.

Deprived of his country, he wouldn’t budge,
told the truth even when
the shirt off his back was back.

His wife continued to carafully dry herself
after each and every pee,
but Henry’s country remained afoul.


Obama And The Latino Vote

2 Comments:

At 1:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This poem is difficult for me to understand. But, I do know that if Mr. Obama had been related to the blacks that originally came here as slaves we Mexicans/Chicanos would have kissed his butt and he would have a guarantee of being the next Pres. Mr. Obama is one package of a dream that ain't. He needs to be real about who he actually is.

E. Bernal

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger RC said...

Actually,poem and link are not related.CLAH is Jorge's Mariscal site and I just happened to find that post at the same time I posted my poem so I just put the link in for what its worth.I myself do not endorse Obama or any other candidate who's been bought by the system.Ah,that leaves no one else!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home