Chicano Poet

Tuesday, January 23, 2007


The Lost Stone Temple Pilot

Tu y las nubes me traen muy loco,
tu y las nubes me van a matar,
yo pa’arriba volteo muy poco,
tu pa’abajo no sabes mirar.


Quetzalcoatl Incognito



Written on stone, in unknown jungles
the centuries pass, but the message remains the same,
sit back and enjoy the ride,

I’m your lost stone temple pilot,
if you look out the right side of the plane
you’ll see Aztlan,

if you look out the left side of the plane
you’ll see Aztlan---
if you see Aztlan

you’ll know you’re not in Kansas anymore,
this ain’t a place for Dorothies,
this ain’t a place for Totos,

I’m your lost stone temple pilot,
shedding my skin, shedding my blood,
shedding my sweat, shedding my life,

this is your pilot speaking,
we’re coming in for a landing,
we’re heavy as stone and light as feather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home