Chicano Poet

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Got tagged by Sheryl

1. One book that has changed your life:
Siddhartha by Hermann H. what Sixties Child
would not say that?


2. One book you have read more than once:
On The Road by Jack Kerouac and
Confederacy of Dunces by J.K. Toole


3. One book you would want on a desert island:
The Whole Earth Catalog

4. One book that made you laugh:
Trout Fishing In America

5. One book that made you cry: My first book. ha ha.

6. One book you wish had never been written:
Every religious book!Oops,I'm Catholic

7. One book you hope will be written:
A book that really explains it all, by Douglas Adams.

8. One book you are currently reading:
The Collected Poems of Weldon Kees

9. One book you have been meaning to read:
Any new book of Chicano/a poetry.

I tag.
Chris Murray
Brian Boutwell
luc simonic
david raphael israel


Love Among The Rock And Roll Ruins

for chris murray
in far off bahrain


We were making love on the waterbed
with the two dead Beatles
on either side of us,

Beatle boots digging into my back
and you were yelling,
“Yoko, bitch, get the hell out.

John’s fucking dead,
go back to your kamikaze land!”
I was kissing your nipples,

I was kissing your thighs,
I Wanna Hold Your Hand
was playing on the computer.

Sailfish and blue whales
were swimming in the fish tank.
Our pet shark was attacking Paul.

I don’t know what happened afterwards
but I think John’s body fell off the bed.
Don’t know about George.

Next morning we found
John’s body in the living room
and laughed our asses off over the irony.

part one of four

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home