Chicano Poet

Wednesday, August 30, 2006


The Effects Of Chicano Anti-Matter On HOWL

I have seen Allen Ginsberg destroy his generation,
I have seen Creeley crawl along,
I have seen Patchen patch his pants.

I have seen the worst minds of my generation
put up on a pedestal,
raised high on shoulders.

I have seen people slaughtered
in their name,
a hero’s name written in blood.

I have seen Allen Ginsberg destroy
a generation of poets.
I have seen him give Beatniks a bad name.

I have seen him try to be a poet and fail.
I have seen him destroy his generation.
Don’t object! You’re one of them.

2 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Blogger B Boutwell said...

Hey now... don't be bashing Creeley. ;)

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger RC said...

Chicano anti-matter reacts unpredictably when it comes into contact with American poets,I guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home