Chicano Poet

Tuesday, February 28, 2006


Henry’s Dueling Banjos Elegy For Dennis Weaver

Don’t know what happened,
did I do something to this guy?
This gasoline tanker that

stalks me on these desert
and mountain roads?
When I’m washing up at a gas station

the tractor is parked outside
by the gas pumps,
so I rush to my car

and get out of there
but he’s on my tail again,
my car overheating as we go up

the grade and he falls behind a little.
My car barely makes it
over the mountains,

he’s caught up with me again my god!
After what feels like years
of fear and sweat

we end up in an abandoned gravel pit.
I park my car on the edge of a cliff,
he aims his tanker directly at it,

he plunges over the cliff,
there’s a terrible crash at the bottom.
I jump for joy so high I hit my head on heaven.

2 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger poet CAConrad said...

I LOVED this movie SO MUCH as a kid! And another Dennis Weaver flick I was obsessed with --but it's impossible to find-- is TERROR ON THE BEACH.

Thanks for this man,
CAConrad

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger RC said...

Duel is my favorite too, I watch it every time it comes out on cable,been thinking about buying the dvd.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home