Chicano Poet

Monday, January 16, 2006


Henry’s Milwee Middle School Elegy For
Fifteen-Year-Old Christopher Penley


“As you can see, it doesn’t take
a professional to see how close this looks
like the real thing,’’

said Joyce Dawley,
Florida Department of Dumb Ass
Motherfucking Law Enforcement.

“Our retarded deputies
are not too bright
and sometimes even a snake

looks like a rifle to us
so we would be justified
in shooting your ass!”

“Milwee Middle School
is a war zone,” she continued
“those kids are being educated

and are already smarter
than the diddly squat SWAT twats.”
She said there would be a fool investigation.

2 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger Clear Creek Girl said...

Seems to be a lot of this going around ... kids with plastic 'replicas' being gunned down.

I found and posted the last of my Lorca translations, 'Song of the Rider (1860)' and 'Ballad of the Spanish Civil Guard'.

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger Clear Creek Girl said...

This is an awkward way to communicate ... I've also posted this reply to my site ... my photo blog site works better with communications -- when it works.

To RC....
That sounds interesting. I had another book of his poems that contained some commentary, but haven't been able to find it. It went into the 'dark star' / bitter theme that came from the gypsy culture. I may have written about that aspect in my paper ... if so, I will post it. Also found that I'd written a poem for Lorca, out of the feelings that I'd had while working on his material. I will be posting it too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home