Chicano Poet

Wednesday, November 09, 2005




Becker

Henry and Mr. Bones are watching Becker,
he’s trying to quit smoking
and he’s got a hundred dollar bet

with Jake the blind guy
and Linda the office girl
can’t take an x-ray to save her ass

and you’d better believe me Henry says
her ass is worth saving.
Becker finally breaks down

and ravishes a cigarette,
achieves satori in a back alley
like a Zen master of disaster,

but the ratings aren’t there,
at least, not enough to keep the show on the air.
Like sex with the wife, you get used to the re-runs.

4 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Blogger Lane Watson said...

LOL. Great social post modern commentary!

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger RC said...

Thanks,Hungry Writer.

 
At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol. Fun. And the ending makes the poem. Thanks for the Tv update too. I had wondered if that was still running.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger RC said...

Thanks,Pearl.Yes,in my area Becker comes out in the morning and at night.And since I'm always on the computer I put a tv tuner card on it and hooked up cable to it and watch tv on the upper right hand corner while I work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home